I'm Tryon T. Turtle...

I've had a lot of adventures since starting out in May. I got a little tired, so I am just getting around to posting pictures from the conference. I met lots of people there.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

My First Marathon

On September 17th, Davidson Lands Conservancy sponsors a "Race for the Green" marathon.  This year, I hitched a ride on the back of one of the runners and actually finished in pretty good time, and not at all winded!  The course winds in and around the town of Davidson and ends up on the Town Green.  On the Green, and for the rest of the morning, I enjoyed live entertainment, displays from vendors of "green" products and activities with the kids. I was able to share information about the conference with many people, and at by lunchtime, I was exhausted! Thankfully, EENC member Carolyn Walker took me home to rest before my next adventure.


I helped Dr. Grant at the Davidson Lands Conservancy booth.



These cute girls took me around  after they got their faces painted. I passed on that because I am not a painted turtle.








I finished my first marathon. I don't know why everyone thinks it's so hard. I thought it was pretty easy.












     














No comments:

Post a Comment